Our Miami Spice Series takes us to interesting destinations or special routes designed to keep our weekly riding schedule fresh and fun.
Join EBC for another great riding adventure as this month’s Miami Spice Ride will be the 3rd Annual Aviation ThemedMiami Spice Ride. The ride will be open to all levels of riders and includes:
- Narrated Bike Tour of Historical Miami Springs
· Tour of Curtiss Mansion built by the pioneer of aviation and a designated National Historical Site. This is also where we will enjoy a hot breakfast and refreshments.
· Brunch at Curtiss Mansion will cost $ 15.00 per person ---Please bring cash with you the day of the ride. Checks are accepted but discouraged. If you must, make the checks out to Everglades Bicycle Club.
· Tour of the MIA air-traffic control tower (limit of 30 people (see criteria below))
· To sign up for the air traffic control tower tour and/or the brunch, please contact Mary Beth Garcia @ email@example.com or 305-389-5156 with your full name, email address and number of attendees you are RSVPing.
CRITERIA: All EBC Members who make it to the MIA air-traffic control tower tour MUST BRING A DRIVERS LICENSE OR PASSPORT WITH PROOF OF ID AN US Citizenship to clear security at the tower. Priority for the air traffic control tower tour will be given to EBC members who have not been on an EBC Air Traffic Control Tower before.
The complete ride is less than 40 miles round trip, and departure will be from City Hall at the usual time - 7:20 AM meet up, 7:30 AM Ride Start. There will be 6 EBC Ride Leaders to support the event, as well as our Narrative EBC guides.
The estimated return to City Hall for those experiencing the full tour (including the MIA Air Traffic Control Tower) is 1:30 PM.
For those returning after breakfast and not participating in the Air Traffic Control Tower Tour the estimated time return to City Hall is 11:30 AM.